Social media is traditionally known as being a good tool for companies to use to keep in touch with their customer base. Not only does using social media allow you to build your brand online, it can also serve as a customer service tool. Instead of fearing what your clients might say after having a bad experience or worrying about a customer giving a bad review online, you can now embrace this new medium with open arms. There are many ways to market online using social media and Orion Group is here to help!
If you know what you want to accomplish, we can work with you to manage your social media profiles and help you meet your online marketing goals. Or, if you don’t know exactly what you want out of it, Orion Group will put our best thinking towards building a social media management plan that works best for your company that works with your niche.
Popular Social Media Venues
Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter are a few of the most popular venues with which people are most comfortable. Youtube can also be used in certain circumstances to get the word out in different ways from the other media that exist. Orion Group can help you create and set up your social media profiles to give you the best advantage possible.
Some interesting uses and benefits of these popular social media venues are:
- allows for many types of media, like video, photos, and events
- easy to determine demographics of your subscribers
- subscribers will “like” your page, or “friend‐request” you
- limited to 140 characters of text per update
- people will “follow” you, and you can follow others
- works more like an online resume or company profile
- learn about a person’s education and professional work history
Social Media Content Generation
Two ways to generate content by using social media:
- Write Your Own
- publish short status updates
- posting recent news and upcoming events
- discuss your unique selling points or the benefits of your products
- ask questions (rhetorical or specific, get feedback)
- User-Generated Content
- your prospects or customers might interact with you on one of the various social media venues
- someone might complain about your customer service or quality of product, or they might publicly thank you for a job well done
Tracking Social Media ROI
Companies with a true vision for Social Media success ask themselves:
- How many visitors did we get to our website?
- How many posts/updates did we make this month?
- Do people comment on our posts, status updates, event announcements and tweets?
- What do our customers say about us when they mention our company or services online?
Tracking ROI is not as straight forward with Social Media than it is with other marketing initiatives. The return on investment of social media participation is more likely visible in the long term, as it is more about building your brand and interacting with people than it is about direct ROI.
Orion Group can help you track and manage your social media efforts. Call Scott directly today at 262-204-7265 or contact us via email from our contact form.